Salient IT is a managed service provider (MSP) based in Roseville, CA - we act as the IT department for small businesses in the greater Sacramento region and beyond. Our employees usually work from home but make site visits to clients a few times a week so you must have an excellent driving record and a dependable vehicle.
QR Code Link to This Post
Your job will be to provide technical support & implementation to our customers' and document your interactions in ConnectWise(Ticketing) & ITGlue(Documentation).
Some responsibilities include:
- Troubleshooting advanced server/network/workstation issues
- Developing client documentation and proceedures
- Prioritizing tickets and multitasking projects.
- Communicating with clients on technology changes and solutions implmentations
- Help users resolve their computer problems
- Managing O365 & Azure & Intune tenants
- Help desk support, advanced server support, and lots of cloud migrations and implementations
The chief skill set we're looking for is advanced expertise in the Azure AD/InTune/O365 suite of products. However, you're expected to have advanced knowledge of many of the other IT technologies common to the small business space. Such as:
- Microsoft Windows Servers 2008-2016
- Active Directory
- MS Windows 7-10
- Dell Hardware
We expect you to have worked with most of these products. You will need to answer some challenging technical questions during your interview to validate that you have strong troubleshooting skills and expert technical knowledge to help our customers. This is not an entry-level position; only candidates with a proven track record in the MSP industry will be considered.
Additional qualifications I'm looking for:
- Excellent reading comprehension
- Excellent vocabulary
- Type 40+ words per minute (go take an online typing test if you're not sure you meet this number before you apply)
- Ability to write and speak clearly
- Ability to follow directions consistently
- Lift/carry/move up to 40lbs
- Excellent Google-fu
If you're interested in this opportunity, please send an email using the craigslist REPLY button above, describing your work history, and education. If you have a formal resume, you may send that over as well. Lastly, write up a few paragraphs (no more than a page) describing your knowledge and experience in the Azure/O365 space. A description of a specific project or implementation recently completed would be ideal. What are some things you would consider when designing a solution for a small business customer of 20-80 employees.
Compensation will be in the range of $60k-$80k, depending on your skills, experience, intelligence, and most importantly - friendliness. Of course we also offer competitive health benefits to our employees.
I only have time to respond to emails that follow all of the above instructions, so please re-read this before applying.