QR Code Link to This Post
We are a cleantech innovator developing amazing software to help integrate more solar into the grid while saving commercial electricity customers money. Led by serial entrepreneurs with a track record of success in this field, we're growing -- and growth provides great opportunities for the right new team members.
Our product development group is currently in need of a Data Scientist to join our growing team. The ideal candidate will build and evaluate models of energy production and usage in commercial buildings. This is a unique opportunity to become a core part of our fast-moving team of energy entrepreneurs. The Data Scientist's work will be integrated into a shipping commercial product.
The Data Scientist will:
- Research and develop statistical learning models
- Collaborate with product manager, software engineers, and building engineer
- Develop contacts with customers, partners, and public entities required to obtain rich data sources for model development
- Maintain careful documentation of data sources, data validation, and modeling processes
- Master's degree in computer science, statistics, applied math, economics, engineering, or related field
- Several years practical experience with statistical languages, database programming, and data analysis
- Extensive background in real-world statistical analysis
- Excellent pattern recognition and predictive modeling skills
- Enough machine learning experience to be dangerous
- Real-world Python experience a plus
- Knowledge and interest in energy and building modeling desirable
Must have enough programming skills that other human beings can use your code while you are not around. Seriously - if you've primarily written scripts for your own use in data analysis, this job is not for you. If other people seek you out for their teams because your code is clean and reusable, and you want to be part of a team that ships your code to thousands of total strangers, please consider applying.