QR Code Link to This Post
Network Consultant (Immediate Hire)
South Florida IT Company currently seeking a full-time position MCSE consultant to work in the South Florida area. The successful candidate must have expert knowledge of Microsoft Windows desktop, Server O/S and MS-Exchange and have exceptional articulation, documentation, presentation, and communication skills. The candidate will work closely with client's staff to provide full-service IT outsourcing. The position is remote for support of our customers throughout Florida. Key areas of expertise include Exchange-based email, Active Directory, security, server monitoring, and network infrastructure. Candidate must have MCSE 2012, experience managing a team and knowledge of the business process.
Typical customer tasks involve:
- Support and troubleshoot client's users, servers, workstations and networks. Work on-site or remotely to diagnose and resolve problems.
- Maximize system availability and performance through fault-tolerant configuration, efficient network architecture, and proactive server monitoring, while keeping in mind the customer's business goals.
- Support and manage a variety of applications including but not limited to: office automation applications email applications, phone communications, and high-speed internet connections.
- Create on-going documentation of the environment as it evolves, including detailed time records of account activity.
- Be able to recommend and specify new server communications equipment and/or software to support growth and additional applications.
- Set up and evaluate various information services and applications for clients or internal infrastructure.
- Specify and order new equipment and/or software to support growth and additional applications.
- Evaluate and understand clients business in order to provide recommendations/solutions to aid clients growth.
Minimum Technical Work Experience Requirements:
- Ability to troubleshoot application problems including desktop application integration issues, server problems, data service issues, and connectivity problems.
- Knowledge of state-of-the-art personal computers and associated peripherals, LANs, software and data communication packages in order to configure systems and to diagnose and correct system malfunctions.
- In-depth knowledge of widely used personal computer and server software packages in order to provide technical assistance on related projects.
- Ability to translate business requirements into technical solutions
- Strong troubleshooting and communications skills, and the ability to implement quick workarounds to technical problems.
- Willingness to exchange information with clients and colleagues.
- Ability to operate effectively in a mobile office environment, providing consistent follow-through and utilizing remote access and wireless connectivity technology. Familiarity with remote monitoring tools and remote troubleshooting techniques.
- Excellent problem solving capability, able to utilize all available resources to quickly resolve issues and provide best practice IT solutions
- Ability to document work continuously through-out the day and provide detailed ticket and time sheet updates
- Take a personal interest in the technology supported and responsibility for the quality of work performed
- Desire and self-motivation to learn new technologies and stay abreast of industry changes
- Ability and positive attitude towards working with a diverse range of technology daily
- Familiar with best practice IT procedures for networks from 5 to 250 users, ability to convey essential information to clients
- 5 or more years of design, implementation and support experience with the following technologies:
1. Server Platforms: Windows 2008/2012 Server (AD, DNS, Security, Backup/DR)
2. Server Virtualization and Shared Storage
3. Network Applications: Exchange 2010/2013, SQL 2008/2012, Citrix, Terminal Services
4. Desktop Platforms: Windows 7/8.1/10 (32/64bit) (Group Policy, Profile Management)
Minimum Management/Business Work Experience Requirements:
- Must have professional services / IT consulting experience.
- Must have experience managing subordinates.
- Must maintain positive attitude during high stress, overwhelming pressure and "challenging" clients
- Able to dynamically and positively multi-task across numerous issues and clients in a high pressure environment.
- Able to take ownership of projects and complex problems and follow through with minimal supervision.
- Must understand clients budgetary needs, corporate goals and work flow process.
- Must have strong team leadership, be focus on results and enable businesses to operate more effectively.
- Sales and Marketing experience is a plus .
- 5+ years of desktop and server engineering and administration experience is mandatory -- Classroom or training center time does not count towards real-world experience.
- Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE) 2012 or higher
- Degree in CIS or MIS and 5 years work experience in information technology, tech support call center or equivalent work and/or training experience.
Physical and non IT Requirements:
- Valid Driver's license
- Ability to travel to multiple clients daily if needed
- Ability to respond to off-hour technical emergencies when on extended call.
- Ability to lift, carry, and move all components of user workstations, the network, and peripherals.
Recruiters, please do not contact.
Long Term Employment.
Candidates without Certification and Experience will not be considered.
Application/Resumes without desired salary requirements will not be considered.
Application/Resumes with cover letters will get preferred treatment.
Applicant must past background and drug test.
- Base Pay: $50,000.00 - $70,000.00 / year
- Other Pay: Annual Bonus + Company Profit Sharing
- Other Benefits: Medical Insurance
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Job Type: Consultant, Information Technology
- Education: 4 Year Degree
- Experience: At least 5 year(s)
- Industry Other Great Industries, Internet - ECommerce, Retail
- Travel Required