Airtable is a well-funded, Silicon Valley-based startup that's bringing the database out of the realm of power users and into the mainstream, creating a new type of flexible but sophisticated productivity tool that anyone can use. We're fast-growing, but with a thoughtful, design-focused culture, and we're building a platform that helps to empower people and companies across a wide range of industries and use cases (https://airtable.com/universe). Our founding team brings deep experience from Google, Salesforce, and Microsoft, and our investors and advisors include the CMO from Slack, the VP of Security from Salesforce, the founder of Box, the head of Google Enterprise's sales operations, and Ashton Kutcher.
QR Code Link to This Post
We're seeking an enthusiastic, curious professional with a passion for technology, solving puzzles, and building lasting relationships with customers. The product specialist role is a unique chance to get in on the ground floor of a fast-growing company, with opportunities to grow into future roles in product, customer success management, marketing, and more
This is a remote, work-from-home contracting position with initially flexible hours, and opportunities to graduate into full-time employment.
The product specialist will:
* Become an expert in Airtable, learning to model workflows ranging from editorial planning calendars for major publications and production schedules for motion pictures to cattle trackers and fire truck inventories.
* Translate customer needs into recommendations for the product team--this is an opportunity to learn the ropes of product management and directly influence the Airtable roadmap.
* Provide exceptional, consultative customer service, helping everyone from small business owners and nonprofit managers to Fortune 500 executives
Requirements for this job:
* 4 year degree.
* Excellent writing and communication skills. "All As" or close to it in english, literature, marketing, communications, or other similar classes.
* Minimum 1-2 years of professional experience, ideally in a fast-paced, customer-facing environment.
* Excitement about productivity tools, spreadsheets, and/or databases, and teaching others about them.
* Curiosity about and enthusiasm for product design and how people use software to get their best work done.
* A good balance between analytical abilities and empathy; you're just as comfortable solving a puzzle or creating a new workflow as explaining the result to a confused customer.
* Solid understanding of web technologies and how they work, such as HTML, CSS, cookies, AJAX, etc.
Bonus points if:
* You have experience working for a high-growth startup.
* You have some marketing, software design, or coding experience, and are familiar with using creative tools like Sketch, Photoshop, etc.
* You've extensively tinkered with Zapier, IFTTT, Workflow, Filemaker, or other "DIY software" tools.
* You stay extremely up-to-date with the latest startups and software products, especially the design-centric ones.
* $20-30+/hr (depends on experience), with opportunities for full-time with benefits positions down the road
To apply, please fill out this form: https://airtable.com/shrAnIXWwk5XDviDm
Thanks so much for your interest!