Telecom Technical Support - Virtual NOC- ISP Troubleshooting (Remote)
QR Code Link to This Post
Compensation: $13/ hour 40 hours + per week
This successful company, started in 2007, is regularly voted as one of the best places to work in the industry. Its company culture is one that is "flat, open and creative." A flat organization is one where there is no (or very few) levels of management in between staff and executives. This approach is more common among startups, and can be tricky to maintain as a company grows larger, generally requiring groups to form.
Takeaway: Employees feel their voices can be heard when they aren't muffled under layers of management. This level of freedom and empowerment creates confident employees and improves morale. Also we will never ask you to undergo the hassle of driving to work.
We are looking for an experienced help desk agent. The position is working remotely accessing our corporate network and troubleshooting tools. This is an opportunity to be part of an energetic and enthusiastic technical help desk team in a growing organization. If you like to solve challenges, enjoy delighting end users with superior customer service, and like to work remotely from your own home, then this is the right environment for you.
We are looking for a candidate with a positive attitude, professional, enthusiastic, dependable, attentive to detail, ability to work under pressure and who is career oriented.
Must work flexible shifts including nights and weekends
Must have strong communication skills, excellent english verbal skills and fluency in Spanish or French an asset.
Ability to work in a team environment
Commitment to quality customer service
Must take initiative and be able to work with minimal supervision in your own remote location
NOC Technician -- Tier I: OFFSITE NOC (3rd Party)
1. Proficient in opening and posting updates within NOC cases
2. Responsible for addressing requests from clients for assistance (NOC Call Queue and Email)
3. Responsible for initiating calls to clients with updates and status reports
4. Ability to test with CLI commands (ping, traceroute, whois, dig, telnet, etc)
5. Ability to use the carrier portals (line testing, ticket opening/closing, status inquiries)
6. Ability to report escalations to internal (supervisory/management) and external channels (carriers)
7. Ability to generate and interpret bandwidth reports and logs from NMS
8. Ability to view issues from a provider-perspective of LAN/WAN assistance
9. Ability in interpreting logs, PMs, routing tables, IPv4, ARP caches, MAC-address-tables, port states/counters
10. Ability to work on web/email hosting; Ability to use the PLESK control panel and portal proficiently
11. Responsible for distributing Network Element Notifications ("NEN's") to clients
12. Responsible for performing the NOC Weekly Checklist writing daily end of shift transition reports on tickets
13. Review and correct OSS/OmniBill entries to current standards
14. Confident in coordinating and testing with field techs and field engineers from carriers and also from TB
15. Confident in troubleshooting and testing from within TB Access Devices (DSLAMs)
16. Skilled in detailed documentation of issues and resolutions using the company's systems (OSS/Omnibill)
17. Responsible for following up with carriers/vendors and drive cases to resolution.
18. Keep all tickets updated, and all stakeholders updated of progress.
Hours and Shifts:
The candidates must be willing to work flexible shifts as the help desk operates
24x7x365 days a year. The candidate's availability will be considered when setting the schedule.
The days for each shift will be set one month in advance and candidate can request additional work any time. Examples of some shifts are from Monday through Friday or Saturday, Sunday days or evenings. The times for each shift may also vary.
Requirement or Qualifications:
Previous help desk experience is ideal
Diploma/degree in technology, computer science, or other IT qualifications
Minimum of 1year experience/knowledge of computer concepts and skills: PC, printers, network, LAN, WAN, VoIP, Unix, Zen desk , CRM, and network trouble shooting
Candidate must provide a reliable, fast, broadband internet connection; a computer; a quiet place to work; the ability to tether if primary internet connection is down. We will provide a VoIP phone.
Training with will be provided
Candidates with physical disabilities are also considered.
Do not apply if you don't have
1. A quiet place to work, no background noise whatsoever
2. An excellent internet connection
3. A reliable computer running window 8 or Mac Yosemite
4. Must have experience
5. Submit a resume
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers