The University of Texas at Arlington has an immediate opportunity for an individual who enjoys working with technology and helping others. The Instructional Technology Specialist II position supports University faculty and students using the Blackboard Learning Management System and integrated digital teaching and learning technologies.
QR Code Link to This Post
Full benefits package included.
A flexible work arrangement is available.
1. Provide technical support to faculty and students using the Blackboard Learning Management System (LMS) and other online learning technologies. Troubleshoot incoming support emails and phone calls requesting support, or reporting technical problems with the Blackboard LMS and integrated digital learning tools, e.g., Blackboard Collaborate, SafeAssign, Instant Messenger, etc.
2. Meet high volume, high quality support service level targets with instructors and students through responsive, proactive contact, primarily via phone and email. Log and track all support requests, recording the full life cycle of each issue to resolution via CRM tool.
3. Assist in maintaining the support and resource website and internal knowledge base documentation. Ensure all course delivery systems and courses residing on them are properly functioning through the careful administration of the learning management system.
4. Perform compatibility testing of multiple operating systems, browsers, and plug-ins.
5. Other functions as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in Instructional Technology or other Bachelor's degree with online course support or Learning Management System (LMS) administration. One (1) year of experience supporting delivery of online courses through an LMS. Experience with basic internet coding, graphic design, and other multimedia applications. Excellent communication (written and oral), customer service and problem solving skills via phone and email. Experience in technical support of varied desktop platforms, browsers, software and related plug-ins.
Graduate degree in a related field. Experience in technical support of varied desktop platforms, browsers, and related plug-ins. Proficient in MS Office Suite. Experience training and supporting faculty in the use of learning management software for online course development and delivery of online learning. Basic knowledge of Macintosh. Help desk and training experience a plus.
Required Application Materials:
Resume, Letter of Interest and List of References (with 3 contact information)
Applicants must include in their online resume the following information:
1. Employment history: name of company, period employed (from month/year to month/year), job title, summary of job duties
2. Education: college name, degree type, major
To apply: https://uta.peopleadmin.com/postings/4324
The University of Texas at Arlington is an equal opportunity employer.