Gutensite is a California design firm that has been helping businesses build brilliant websites since 2002, using our intuitive and beautiful website builder and CMS. We empower clients to grow, share and inspire.
We need another full time Full-Stack Developer to help us finish and launch our new platform.
We are committed to high quality in everything we do, so this is a position that will push you professionally and personally. We hope you'll love being a part of our team and if you give us your best we'll do everything we can to earn that loyalty. We are a small company, so you'll get the opportunity to provide critical value and be an integral part of building something awesome.
Qualities of the Ideal Candidate
- Geek and proud of it (nerd a big plus).
- Computer Science degree (or comparable knowledge) and real world programming experience.
- Solid PHP skills (OOP and MVC Principles), experience with the Symfony framework, Doctrine ORM (MySQL and MongoDB), and Twig templating.
- Solid Server Admin skills, planning, deploying, and maintaining Linux, Apache, and Node.js.
- Smart and humble, quick learner, self-sufficient, desire to build cool things.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Low drama, and good interpersonal skills for resolving conflict (because let's be honest, we'll have disagreements).
- Able to telecommute from quiet, dedicated work space with high speed internet.
- Focused, accountable and able to work independently of supervision.
- Ability to work in a team and grow from constructive criticism.
Responsibilities of the Job
- Plan, Build and Maintain our Linux Server Environment on Linode and AWS.
- Finish implementing the back end of our website builder platform within the existing framework, implementing Symfony services, controllers, listeners, and expanding our APIs.
- Participate in daily developer scrums with other team members to support each other and complete development goals on schedule.
Challenges of the Job
- You will be asked to learn constantly. Although training and support will be provided by our team, you need to research solutions and read documentation to find solutions on your own.
- You must have the ability to multi-task and switch gears to work on multiple issues at once.
- You must use time tracking software and Asana to track your tasks and provide progress reports EVERY SINGLE DAY, so that we know the status of projects, we can celebrate your accomplishments, and we know you are providing value.
Benefits of the Job
- Gain experience in a wide range of technologies and programming processes to acquire the competencies needed to be a rock solid software developer.
- Grow professionally and (most likely) personally in this role.
- Regular 40 hour work week (overtime may be required but it is rare), respectful and relaxed work environment, great team.
- Build something amazing that you can be proud of (and look great on your resume).
- Wage starting at $16-22/hr (based on experience and ability).
- Benefits after 30 days: Healthcare, Dental, Vision and 10 paid personal days off (plus 6 paid federal holidays).
How to Apply
- Send an email to [email protected]
- Subject line: "Full Stack Developer"
- Use the body of the email as your cover letter.
- Attach a PDF of your resume.
- Provide your Github Username (we want to see the projects you've contributed to).
- Provide your StackOverflow Username (we want to see the questions you've asked and answered).
Unprofessional or incomplete emails/resumes will be deleted.