Do you want to help people who struggle to control their drinking or substance use? Do you want to work alongside a quirky, world-class team of engineers, designers, researchers, and doctors on a mission to enable everyone to reach their personal path to a healthy life?
QR Code Link to This Post
1 out of every 10 Americans has a substance use disorder and the current continuum works for less than 2% of these individuals. Why? The problem is complex, multi-faceted, and to put it simply, really, really hard to solve.
Our mission is to change the world for the other 98% who are struggling alone. And yes, way too often, a good knock knock joke does JUST the trick...because let's face it, laughter always wins...
If you have ever thought about becoming a counselor, therapist, or health coach, and want to gain real-world experience alongside an elite group of behavior change experts, then the Triggr Health Guide Program is the perfect fit! Or if you have ever wanted to directly impact thousands of people through a novel technology, then the Triggr Health Guide Program is the perfect fit! Most importantly, if you like telling chemistry jokes but almost never get a reaction, then this is the PERFECT program for you....
Holy f***! This sounds amazing...but...what does all this really mean? For some seriousness:
- Working with the most driven, thoughtful, and intelligent team in healthcare, who care little about the messed up status quo of care and a whole helluva lot about the goals and needs of the thousands of individuals we work with every day.
- Valuable, real-world training on Behavior Change, Motivational Interviewing, Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy, and Craving/Crisis Management
- Access to a network of world-renown leaders, researchers, politicians, and doctors from places such as UPenn, Dartmouth, Columbia, Northwestern, and UCSF School of Medicine.
- Most importantly, gain a perspective-changing, gut-wrenching, life-altering experience by working through the messiness of the real world with folks who are in desperate need of reducing pain in their life.
Life As a "Guide"
The Guide Program is an incredible opportunity to work with folks who are out in the real world (i.e. not in a clinical setting) to slowly and effectively reduce pain. With a less than 5% acceptance rate, you are joining a network of passionate, driven Guides who are on their way to leading the charge of changing how care is delivered in the shitshow we call the US healthcare system.
Once accepted, you are responsible for providing guidance and support to those who have joined Triggr to reduce their substance use. This includes everything from providing unconditional and non-judgmental support, to building a therapeutic alliance, to being the first lifeline for those struggling to navigate the incredibly difficult ups and downs of building new, healthy habits. Most importantly, you need to be funny, weird, and dynamic (aka...be HUMAN!) while integrating small, easy steps forward for those you engage. Constantly speaking in puns? Tell knock-knock jokes to your friends? Here is your chance apply your amazing people skillz (yes, skillz) all day, every day!
You will be working alongside a world-class technology team and under the guidance of some of the leading minds in the substance use field, so you must be adaptable, tech-savvy, and willing to work at a fast pace. And you must, absolutely MUST love having fun and enjoy quirkiness while changing the world for people who need it.
The things we care about couldn't be more straightforward:
- Do your friends look to you for a listening ear when shit hits the fan? Are you constantly wondering why people come to you for advice? Do you listen when the person next to you on the plane tells you about their issues without putting your headphones back on (wow, you're a hero....)?
- High EQ and love of working in fast-paced environments. Must be able to adapt faster than the speed of light and enjoy taking things in stride.
DYNAMIC and GRITTY
- Want to learn a whole new way to deliver care in less than a week? Are you ok without a manual on how things work and can navigate situations independently? Do you prefer self-direction and have major issues with micro-managers?
- You need to be able to navigate real-world shit, consider morality a spectrum, and be able to effectively communicate with people from all walks of life.
- Speed, speed, speed. Yes, speed matters. You must enjoy thinking quickly, thrive in an environment where there will often not be answers, and have an edge that allows you to both care about every person on the Triggr platform but be separate just enough to give them the framework to make the decisions that matter to them.
- Ability to type fast...very, very fast.
- Know what an SMS is, have downloaded an app before, and get a little confused when someone asks for a paper check.
**HOW TO APPLY**
If you want to work with a highly driven, mission-oriented team that enjoys working hard, has fun together, and embraces quirkiness, follow this link to complete the application process:
At Triggr Health we value diversity and endeavor to treat everyone with respect, no matter their age, gender, race, ethnicity, or sexual, cultural or ideological preferences.
This is an hourly, part-time position that requires night and weekend availability as well as an ability to participate in pun-offs...