Mid Century Monger is a fun and cool boutique furniture retail specializing in modern style furniture. We're looking for a satellite monger in your area, someone to act as a pickup-point / point of sale for a very specific dining chair. This is 100% remote and very convenient for the right person. Perfect for students and various part-timers. Estimated 2-4 hours per month. Thats right, it's an easy and light gig that does not require much input at all.
QR Code Link to This Post
THE WAY THIS OPERATION GOES IS AS FOLLOWS:
We ship a small stock of chairs to you, 10-20 at a time. These chairs are small and light so they don't require so much storage. Each chair requires assembly which is very easy, around 15-20 minutes per 4 chairs. They're sold in sets of 4.
We handle everything, the sales, the marketing, everything. Whenever we have an interested customer in your area, we schedule a time for them to come check it out based around your schedule. It's similar to craigslist style informality so you must be comfortable with that style.
We have a 100% sell rate, that is, if they are coming to see the chairs, consider it sold. Profit shared for every set of chairs sold. Our chairs sell themselves, so as long as you are chill and comfortable showing them, its a lock. Expect to sell 1-3 sets of chairs a week, maybe more depending on other variables.
This is a very light and easy gig and the money is a nice additional stream for the amount of effort and input required. This is NOT a traditional sales role with traditional commissions. If you come from a traditional sales background and expect as much, this is not for you.
In addition, the type of clients we attract are a very cool bunch. Most often young creative professionals setting up a new apartment or house. They're cool people to deal with. We have been doing this for years and have carved a small but special niche.
- Live as central as possible. The more urban and hip the area, the better.
- Have a cool or presentable space. We've had people use their garage, studio, living room, dining room, etc... as pickup points.
Whatever can work, but it should be clean and presentable.
- Flexibility in schedule. With only 1-3 estimated pickups a week, this shouldn't be all too hard.
- Comfortable with minor assembly.
- Easy going and comfortable with people.
- Ideally, you have an appreciation for design and the arts. Our client base are creatives, so it helps if you can relate to them.
GOOGLE US TO SEE OUR VIBE AND IF YOU ARE INTERESTED:
- Email a little about yourself, your background, and your situation.
- A resume may be helpful, but we are looking for monger spirit, not corporate suits.
- Your neighborhood and / or location, plus if you include snapshots of your space.
- Your general availability.
- Why you think you'd be good for this kind of gig.