Get a Silicon Valley-caliber experience without moving! We're on a mission to create the world's greatest design software in the cloud. Help us release software more frequently, faster, and with lower failure rates! We will absolutely consider remote work within Oregon and on Pacific Time zone.
QR Code Link to This Post
MustHaveMenus is a 10-year old provider of restaurant menu design software on the web. We serve over 50,000 restaurants covering everything from sports bars to fine dining, and cafes to breakfast diners. Come join a talented international team creating the most innovative menu design and print service in the world. This is an exciting, evolving business, with high growth ambitions.
MustHaveMenus seeks a skilled SysAdmin with DevOps experience, comfortable working in a highly networked, clustered, VM environment. Have the skills necessary to monitor, track, and debug critical enterprise Java applications. You will be the primary sys admin and tend to many aspects of daily operations:
- Pager duty for outages and significant user problems; ensure all solutions are properly monitored
- Site releases (2x per week)
- Debugging & Troubleshooting
- Tomcat management (deploys, restarts, logging, resource utilization, debugging)
- Trace major errors using tools like JavaMelody and logfiles.
- Upgrade and maintain server, storage, network, and security infrastructure
- Test data backup and recovery, and disaster recovery procedures
- Write and maintain code for automating the creation of scalable/resilient systems/infrastructure
Our stack is a clustered Ubuntu 14 and 16 environment that heavily utilizes Tomcat 7, Docker, Docker Swarm, MySQL, Couchbase cluster, and HA Proxy as well as NFS and basic system utilities.
- Ubuntu 14 and 16
- JVM configuration and setup
- Nagios monitoring
- Docker & Docker Swarm
- HA Proxy
- AWS EC2 and S3
- Automated testing
Quick Job Facts:
- This is a full-time position
- Competitive salary
- Medical - 100% Employee premium cost covered by Employer; Employer funded HSA for deductible
-- Medical includes a Vision Rider
-- Dental - 100% Employee premium cost covered by Employer
- 2 weeks paid vacation time | 5 days paid sick time