QR Code Link to This Post
Job Title: Managed Services Engineer
Relevant Work Experience: 3-5 years
Hours: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM PST
Are you looking to be challenged and grow your career in IT?
Beyondnet Solutions is looking for a motivated, talented and customer service-oriented IT professional to join our team and help us deliver exceptional IT services and support to our diverse client base. We are looking for someone who has a passion for technology and customer support, who is looking for the opportunity to grow and deepen their skills, and who is looking for the opportunity to have the flexibility and support in a position that allows them to excel, advance their career and be rewarded.
This position has the option of being a telecommute/remote position or working from our office space in Clackamas, but candidates must live in the Portland, OR area and be able to perform onsite visits to customers for installation and support when required.
We are looking for candidates who:
- Work well independently without micro-management and who can work well in a work-from-home or remote position and perform well with minimal direct supervision.
- Are passionate about technology and looking to deepen and grow their skill set and be supported in doing so.
- Want the opportunity to have a direct impact on the team and on the company.
- Value variety and challenge in their work and want the opportunity to work with, implement and administer a wide variety of technologies
- Have a proven track record of success in a help desk, support or systems administration role.
- Have excellent customer service skills, written and verbal communication.
- Have a strong attention to detail and value accuracy in your work and documentation.
- Are self-motivated and will look for areas where they can "jump in" and have a positive impact on the company.
- Are productive, results-oriented and performance-driven and who are committed to "getting things done".
What will you do?
- You will interact with our clients daily and provide triage for tickets originating via phone, e-mail, web portal or RMM.
- You will determine the severity and impact of issues and determine the appropriate course of action such as escalations, etc.
- You will perform a variety or remote and onsite support.
- You will stage, image and/or configure new equipment for deployment.
- You will perform onsite installation for desktops, laptops, servers and network equipment.
- You will help to manage, triage and resolve alerts generated by our internal monitoring and other systems.
- You will lead the technical onboarding process for new managed services clients.
- You will help to monitor and manage client backups and data protection.
- You will help to continuously improve internal monitoring and automation delivered through our internal RMM and other tools.
- You will help to coach and mentor junior engineers and staff
- You will create comprehensive and up-to-date documentation for environments in our documentation system.
- You will provide escalation support for more advanced or complex issues.
- You will lead or participate in client projects and implementations that will expose you to a variety of client, server, network and security technologies that will give you valuable experience and the ability to grow and deepen your skills and value to the company.
- You will keep busy. When the support workload is lighter, you'll be working on training and participating in other areas and projects that will improve our technical operations and service delivery.
What skills do you need?
- You need at least 3-5 years of experience providing desktop, network and server support, implementation and/or systems administration within the context of a help desk, technical support or systems administration role in a business environment.
- You need to be familiar with and have experience supporting, installing and configuring desktops in a business environment.
- You need to be familiar with and have experience supporting, installing and configuring servers in a business environment.
- You need to be familiar with and have experience supporting, installing and configuring network devices such as firewalls, routers and switches in a business environment.
- You need to be familiar with and have a good working knowledge of networking and understand basic network concepts and components such as routing and switching, DNS, etc.
- You need to be familiar with and have a good working knowledge of basic security concepts such as firewalls, endpoint security, e-mail security such as anti-spam, etc.
- You need to be familiar with systems and network administration in a Windows network environment and be able to perform tasks such as user creation and administration, etc.
- You need to be familiar with virtualization and have a working knowledge of virtualization platforms such as VMware or Hyper-V
- You need to be familiar with and be able to configure or administer common SaaS applications such as Office 365.
- You need to have strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- You need to be well-organized and capable of handling and prioritizing multiple projects and other tasks in order to meet deadlines and deliverables
- You need to have excellent written and verbal communication skills and love dealing with the customer.
- You need to have a strong level of curiosity and technical aptitude and love for technology and be willing to "roll up your sleeves" and jump in.
Any mix of Microsoft, CompTIA, Cisco, Sophos, VMware or other certifications are a major plus. Additionally, any experience with ConnectWise, LabTech, N-Able or other Managed Services-related toolsets are considered a major plus.
Other requirements and details
- You must have a valid driver's license and a reliable vehicle and be capable of driving to client sites as required
- If you are working remotely, you must have an adequate space in your home or other area that is free of distraction and interruption to be able to work effectively and in a professional manner. Beyondnet Solutions has a furnished office located in Clackamas, OR that employees are free to use for work if they cannot or prefer not to work remotely.
- This position does not include a stipend or reimbursement for renting a shared office space or using a common area. You are responsible for having or finding an area to work that is suitable and free of distraction or interruption, or working out of our office space.
This is a full-time salaried position, with compensation based on a combination of base salary plus bonuses for meeting utilization, compliance, technical and customer service requirements with initial compensation commensurate with experience. Some occasional after hours or weekend support may be required as needed.
Benefits include a medical allowance, PTO, paid company holidays, training and certification reimbursements.
Beyondnet Solutions is a growing full-service Managed IT Services provider located in Portland, OR. We provide true, flat-rate all-inclusive IT services and support for our clients so they can truly become the "IT department down the hall", freeing them from their technology headaches so they can be free to focus on their business.
At Beyondnet, you will have the chance to be part of a growing team in a growing company committed to excellence in our delivery of managed IT.