We are looking for a PART-TIME (10-20 hours per week) assistant for the he Lead Pastor of The Lighthouse Church.
QR Code Link to This Post
4871 Ten Oaks Road
Dayton, MD 21036
Your duties would vary from week-to-week, but you must be comfortable with several types of tasks in order to do well in this job.
* Be a good writer (emails, etc.)
* Be able to work independently (you may work from home for most of the tasks)
* Be able to manage a simple website and post content online: familiarity with simple video editing (e.g., iMovie) and web platforms (e.g., Weebly, Wordpress) are a big plus
* Be able to post content on social media and manage those platforms for the church
Below is an overview of the types of tasks you may be asked to do:
- Create Power Point presentation for sermon
- Create handouts and print
Church Admin (General):
- Deal with situations as they come up (e.g., calling repair person)
- Email reminders for setup, kids church, etc.
- Check church voicemail and pass along
- Post on Facebook and other social media each week
- Update website with announcements each week
- Add sermon to website each week
- Send weekly announcements via email
- Create lesson plans for kids church from curriculum
- Order materials for the lesson, when necessary
- Assist with special projects, as necessary (e.g., arrange catering for special service, yard sale ads on craigslist...)
- We are also looking to redo our church website. This can be something we hire someone to do specifically, or it can be a bigger project for you to take on for extra hours, if you are interested.
Our church is new, and we have no full-time staff. This is a contract position. There are no benefits. We are a growing church looking for a part-time person to help out, who needs some extra cash.