We are looking for a software engineer to join our professional services team. Â This person will work on our customer engagements to develop custom software and to help easily manage all aspects of running containers in development and production environments. Specifically, we are looking for someone that is passionate and loves working with open source Docker/Kubernetes to further enhance and elevate these technologies within Rancher. Come join our team to help deliver cutting-edge open source technologies and be part of the container revolution!
QR Code Link to This Post
About the role:
- Contribute to the custom software we are developing, extending kubernetes.
- Some examples of the kind of work you will be doing: Write K8s CRDs, Controllers, DaemonSets. Extend the K8s API by creating API Extension Service.
- Develop in Golang (Go Programming Language). Test in Python. If you are not familiar with Go but consider yourself to be a strong software engineer who can quickly pick up Go that is quite ok.
- Needs to be very comfortable with containers, microservices, Kubernetes, Docker, and system-level concepts around storage and networking. Understanding of libvirt, KVM, and QEMU is a plus.
- Candidate can be anywhere in the US, but needs to be in the US and authorized to work here. Background checks will be done.
Desired qualities for this role:
- Comfortable working in any modern Linux environment
- Knowledge of Linux software packaging, distribution, and configuration
- Fluency in languages like Python, Go, Java, and Bash
- Experience in building maintainable and well tested code
- Demonstrable troubleshooting and debugging ability
- Enthusiasm to work directly with customers
- Any suitable combination of four years of education, training, and experience in this technical field
About the company:
At Rancher Labs, we build innovative, open source software that makes it easy to deploy and manage containers in production on any infrastructure. We enable organizations to accelerate all aspects of their software development pipeline, from writing and testing code to running complex microservices-based applications. We are well-funded and are ready to disrupt the market by leveraging new technologies like Docker and Kubernetes. The company was started by the team behind Cloud.com, maker of the Apache CloudStack software, which was acquired by Citrix in 2011.