Oregon Health and Science University
QR Code Link to This Post
Job Title: Research Assistant
Location: HRC 13D54
Our Center is recognized as a national leader in dementia care and research, and is committed to serving the needs of people throughout the Pacific Northwest. The expertise of our multidisciplinary staff, and the generosity of community members who volunteer as research participants, are essential to the success of our programs.
Work Schedule, Hours, FTE, Salary Range:
- FTE: 0.4 FTE, Part Time
- Schedule: To be Determined
- Salary Rate: $15.00 - $17.00 per hour
- Location: Portland, OR (Marquam Hill Campus)
Functions/Duties of Position:
This position assists with the implementation of clinical trials under the Layton Aging & Alzheimer's Disease Center in the Department of Neurology. The Layton Center is an NIH/NIA-funded Alzheimer's Disease Center, and as such is an active participant in national and international efforts to understand and develop treatments for Alzheimer's disease; the Layton Center conducts studies of promising treatments, technologies for patient support, genetics, neuroimaging and pathology.
The primary responsibility for this position is conducting conversations via internet-based video chats with socially isolated adults ages 80 and above who have healthy normal cognition and early mild cognitive impairment. Study participants will be from the Portland area, as well as Detroit, Michigan. Staff fulfilling this position will be provided with equipment to conduct the video chats while working remotely. Staff will need to have a quiet, private place to work. This position will also take part in developing the conversation stimuli content, including pictures, factoids and questions. Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to connect with older adults from various backgrounds is required. This position will administer questionnaires during the video chats and by telephone, and will be responsible for entering data into the study's database.
- Bachelor's degree and No experience, OR
- Associate's degree and 2 years of relevant experience, OR
- No degree and 4 years of relevant experience.
- Working knowledge of scientific method and human subjects research.
- Ability to speak and communicate clearly, and demonstrate a high level of professionalism.
- Ability to interact patiently and respectfully with elderly volunteers.
- Proficiency with Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Attention to detail
- Accountability and motivation to work independently
- Comfort with technology and troubleshooting
- Enthusiasm about scientific research and a team-oriented approach
- Experience working with senior population
Oregon Health & Science University values a diverse and culturally competent workforce. We are proud of our commitment to being an equal opportunity, affirmative action organization that does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of any protected class status, including disability status and protected veteran status. Individuals with diverse backgrounds and those who promote diversity and a culture of inclusion are encouraged to apply. To request reasonable accommodation contact the Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Department at 503-494-5148 or [email protected]
How To Apply:
- Apply online @: www.ohsu.edu
- Click on "Jobs" at the bottom of the page.
- Search for this position using keyword: "IRC60886"