A small civil litigation law firm headquartered in D.C. with satellite office in VA is seeking:
QR Code Link to This Post
one intern and one legal research assistant position for replacement to join existing team, position available immediately.
This is non paid internship position for JD student in training. Prefer 2L and 3L. Exceptional 1L will be considered as well.
Work hrs required: 20-40/hr./wk. work in home office setting.
Legal Research Assistant:
must completed JD, prefer bar exam passed pending license. Pay rate: $10-13/hr. Successful assistant will be offered associate attorney position after complete 1yr. on the job and with bar license. H1-B sponsorship after 1yr. full time on the job.
Intern Training and Duties:
1. Conduct internet research using Lexis and West Law, new interns get hands on training for legal research, case study, prepare case summary and some basic administrative work.
2. Experienced interns and legal research assistant will be trained for writing MEMOs and form legal arguments. Exposed to litigations writing (motion to dismiss, response to motion, discovery, response to discovery, motion for summary judgment, depositions etc.), support hearings and trials.
a. J.D. must be top 30 U.S. law schools.
c. Must have completed Civil Procedure, Evidence, Discovery courses and min. B+ grades.
Current Cases Load and Litigation Courts in:
a. Post-merger shareholder rights dispute litigation in CA Fed. District Court.
b. Breach of contract law case litigation in Fed. District Court in CA.
c. Products liability litigation in NY Fed. District Court.
d. ERISA disability insurance law litigation in NY Fed. District Court.
e. Legal malpractice litigation in DC Fed.District Court and NY Fed. District Court.
1. Excellent in legal writing, legal research, proficient in Lexis and Westlaw.
2. Can choose to work onsite in DC 20003 or in Sterling, VA 20166.
3. Must have experience and certificate of using Westlaw, LexisNexis.
4. New graduates or students must have taken Evidence, Civil Procedure, prefer also have Pre-trial litigation and E-Discovery related classes.
5. Organized, Detail-Oriented, Highly Motivated, Able to work on their own with minimal supervision.
1. Applications w/o cover email answer above questions will not be responded.
2. Email cover letter, CV, transcripts, writing sample--subject title: Internship/SchoolName/JD 2L or 3L
Email or cover letter must answer below questions:
1). proposed start date and duration, work schedules, days and hrs you desire to work.
2). DC office or VA office (VA office must be able to drive).
3). 3 dates and time you are available for telephone and in person interviews.