QR Code Link to This Post
We are a small web design firm located in Seattle. We're looking to add a new Front-End Web Developer to our team. Your primary responsibility will be coding/development of custom themes for WordPress.
Freelancers are encouraged to apply and you may work from your home office. However, you will be expected to meet (in person) on a regular basis with the team in Seattle.
We are looking for a senior-level position with high degree of proficiency and fast turnaround on our projects. We typically build a full custom WordPress site (PSD to code) within 1-3 weeks depending on complexity, and you will be expected to work at a similar pace while delivering the highest quality work.
A qualified candidate will possess:
* Experience working with Bootstrap & Foundation responsive frameworks.
* Minimum of 5-6 fully custom WordPress sites in your portfolio. You will be expected to show us what you've done, provide code samples, and walk us through your code to demonstrate understanding.
* Understanding of cross-browser/device compatibility issues and ways to resolve them.
* Understanding of basic SEO principles.
* Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image.
* Familiarity with GTMetrix and similar tools used to test site performance, and ability to optimize site for performance.
* Ability to accurately estimate timelines (to be provided to clients) and reliably adhere to those timelines.
* Clean and organized code that is easy to follow.
We are a small but growing company. You will have the option to work at home as a 1099/contract employee, or as a part-time employee in office (25-30 hours a week, with benefits).
Competitive pay: employees will be paid between $30-$45/hr + medical benefits, DOE with guaranteed hours and room to grow. If you opt for 1099 treatment, you will be paid on a per project basis at $55-$75/hr DOE (we save on taxes, benefits, overhead - so this passes to you).
You will generally not be interfacing with clients. However, the confidence and ability to speak to them if necessary is a big plus.
If interested, please submit resume and work samples, and tell us a bit about your latest project.