Wonderful opportunity to work from home for a business that is transitioning to completely cloud-based. Training will be in Los Angeles but the business is located in Lake Tahoe region. Travel to the business may be required occasionally (all expenses paid).
QR Code Link to This Post
If you're VERY comfortable with IT matters and can easily navigate cloud-based systems, have deep QuickBooks Enterprise Experience (with inventory) and would like to work a few hours per week on your own schedule, this may be the right fit for you.
The position reports to and will be supervised by the outside CPA.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Assist with and perform data validation tasks associated with the accounting system conversion currently in process (to Quickbooks Enterprise 2017).
2. Record day-to-day financial transactions for the company and the owner's personal accounts in financial software (Quickbooks Enterprise 2017 and others), Prepare Weekly Cash Flow Report
3. Maintain timely and accurate accounts of all Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll, Vendor Ledgers, Inventory, Sales, Customer Ledgers and General Ledger in the financial system. Follow up with and collect on past due receivables.
4. Prepare monthly financial statements, schedules and reports, including Balance Sheet, P&L, cash flow statements, budget to actual analysis, payroll, journal entries, and bank and other account reconciliations for the owner's monthly review.
5. Maintain and properly organize all accounting files (financial documents, mortgage statements, bills paid, checks and credit card payments received, insurance policies and all related financial and legal documentation) and ensure they are accessible in the cloud-based storage system.
6. Perform and process payroll for company employees (Intuit Payroll)
7. Perform special financial management projects for the owners or CPA as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Deep experience bookkeeping/accounting. Must have experience with accounting for inventory, and with Quickbooks Enterprise. BS/BA degree from an accredited college or university with a concentration in accounting preferred.
2. Experience in ecommerce, wholesale sales, and cost accounting required.
1. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Interaction with vendors, customers, bankers, and owners.
2. Strong accounting and knowledge.
3. The ability to work well with others remotely in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with often changing and conflicting deadlines. Excellent problem identification and solving skills a must.
4. Detail-oriented with strong organizational, analytical and computer skills. Very strong MS Office skills required, especially MS Excel.
6. Ability to assess the needs of the company and identify and implement new processes to help meet the company's goals and objectives.
7. The ability to perform tasks remotely - accurately and timely with total independence.
8. The ability to maintain confidentiality in all matters and be professional, supportive, and collaborative.