Full-Time Counselors needed at our BAART San Mateo Clinic
QR Code Link to This Post
BAART Programs is a leader in providing substance abuse treatment programs and primary care to people in need throughout the State of California, Vermont, Nebraska, Arizona and North Carolina.
We are seeking a full-time Counselors for our San Mateo Clinic. AOD Counselors, MFTi and Psychology students are welcome to apply. This position offers a rewarding experience for counselors, interns, & clinicians,
- Conducts chart reviews in an accurate and timely manner.
- Provides written and verbal feedback to counselors, and participates in new counselor orientation and ongoing training for counselors according to established guidelines.
- Assists counselors with charting and regulatory charting and compliance issues and questions.
- Handles procedure for Counselor accountability.
- Verifies each counselor's case notes on a daily basis and matches them with units on billing sheets.
- Review discharge file and prepare for filing.
- Prepares and submits accurate and timely reports as needed.
- Provides feedback and information to Supervising Counselor and/or Clinic Director regarding staff compliance with regulatory and compliance issues.
- May screen Take-Home documentation prior to submission to Medical Director.
- May coordinate MMP intake sign-up with intake or other counselor to ensure timely and appropriate completion of intakes.
- May provide backup to other Counselors as needed.
- Maintains an organized office and filing system.
- Ensures regular attendance at work.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A certificate in alcohol and/or drug studies from an approved counselor certifying organization or proof of enrollment within six months of hire is required.
- Certification must be completed in no more than five years from date of hire to maintain employment.
- An AA degree in Behavioral Sciences is required at hire when an applicant has not yet earned a certificate.
- Two years of counseling experience in a related setting, the ability to develop comprehensive treatment plans and chart accurately, at least one year of experience as a BAART counselor, familiarity with BAART policies and procedures, Title 9 regulations and accreditation and excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
-A BA/BS degree is strongly preferred.
What We Offer:
- Health insurance, which includes medical, dental, and life insurance
- Paid time off, which includes major holidays, birthday holiday, vacation and sick time
- Paid lunch hour (full hour)
- 401(k) plan
- Early work hours (6AM-2PM), no evenings! no traffic!
-Business casual work environment
To apply, please send your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to:
BAART San Mateo Clinic
Attn: Clinic Director
795 Willow Road, Bldg 332
Menlo Park, CA 94025
or fax to 650-324-4149
or submit via email using the Reply to email address for this ad.
We value diversity and are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.