QR Code Link to This Post
The human resource generalist is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with partner group supporting designated geographic regions. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: recruiting, benefits administration, employee relations, training, performance management, onboarding, policy implementation, recruitment/employment, affirmative action and employment law compliance.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Administers various human resource plans and procedures for all organization personnel; leads in the development and implementation of training, personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains the training curriculum, employee handbook and the policies and procedures manual.
2. Participates in developing department goals, objectives and systems.
3. Administers the compensation program; monitors the performance evaluation program and revises as necessary.
4. Performs benefits administration, including claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment and communicating benefits information to employees.
5. Develops and maintains training and recruitment program
6. Conducts recruitment effort for all exempt and nonexempt personnel, students and temporary employees; conducts new-employee orientations; monitors career-pathing program; and writes and places advertisements.
7. Handles employee relations counseling, outplacement counseling and exit interviewing.
8. Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars.
9. Maintains company organization charts and the employee directory.
10. Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to continually improve efficiency of the department and services performed.
11. Maintains human resource information system records and compiles reports from the database.
12. Maintains compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations.
3. Ethical Practice.
4. Global & Cultural Awareness.
5. HR Expertise.
6. Relationship Management.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities, but does serve as a coach and mentor for other positions in the department.
This job operates as a remote position and some office time required. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers, photocopiers and smartphones.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Some travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
1. A bachelor's degree and/or three to five years of HR experience, or a master's degree in HR management and some of experience in the HR field, or seven years of experience in the HR field, or any similar combination of education and experience.
2. Experience in dental or healthcare field highly desired but will train right candidate
Preferred Education and Experience
1. Dental/Healthcare background
2. Masters' degree in human resources or related field.
3. 4 to 5 years of human resource experience.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.